Pages

Bangkok, Thailand

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster! Temples, temples and more temples. We got templed out after two... Hehe. Greatfully, we had enough diversions to hold our attention. I got my first suit tailored at a cool shop named Oscars near Khao San Road! The tailor shops line the street one after another. It's rather odd. I had no idea they would be so numerous. Who would think to go to Thailand to get measured and fitted? I didn't that's for sure, but I fell for its spell. I never had a tailor before, but love the whole experience, and got used to someone doing everything for me! I got a way cute three piece suit in black cashmere with a black pinstripe variation.

Since we couldn't stand to do the temple thing for longer than three hours, we had a salon day instead. It was relaxing and oh so cheap! And yet again, I was subject to ridicule from the backpacker society. I was a backpacker getting a manicure and pedicure! I backpacked through Asia with a french manicure. That's bad!

This is us in front of the longest reclining buddha in the world at Wat Pho. It is 46 meters long and 15 meters high. The next picture is us outside of the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo about to create a riot. Heeheehee, after us, this tour group all had to take pictures in the pose.

This is the first falafel pita I've ever had. It was dang good! Actually it was the first falafel I've seen. I've heard about them before, but really had no idea what it was. We met some guys who told us what falafels are, but I still don't know, so don't ask. This is us doing the "wai" with Ronal McDonald on Khao San Road! Ah, the memories.

This is me showing off my fun suit! I had my skirt done with pleats in the back!

0 comments, questions, critiques...: