Pages

The A Place, Thailand

We took a tour to The A Place for a day. I still don't know where I was, or what it's called! We had a great time, and it's not really because of the temples and ruins we saw. It's because that's where we met our first hammock! Hammocks were everywhere from then on, and we got into the craze. As we rejoined our group, they all asked what weird things we were carrying. When we said we bought hammocks, oh the funny looks we got. But I don't care. Oh, and we had a fun interview with the local school girls! We got bored after the the first 15 minutes after the first stop of the day... Instead of spending our time walking around and taking in the sites, we sat down in a gazebo and answered questions for groups of school girls needing to practice their English.

Oh, and I finally saw buddha's head in the tree roots! And we got some sacreligious pictures behind headless and armless buddhas. I drank my first soda in a bag.

Yes, that's my head. And my arms.

Therea re security guards around the ruins, and two right in front of buddha's head in the tree. No one's head is allowed to be higher than buddha's, so that's why I'm kneeling. That me and green Fanta in a bag! I think Kari got Pepsi.

That's my hammock! It's nice an Halloween-y. Those are the second group of school girls who interviewed them. The girl with the long hair is the one who gave me her cell phone hello kitty strap. I will always remember that.



We had a guy from Israel on the tour with us. We wanted him to be our next Fab, but he wouldn't have anything to do with us. It could be the fact that during the tour guide's monologues, we hung back and talked loudly through the entire thing, or the fact that we were scared of his dredlock sportin' friend. Either way, there was no Fab to guide us through the A place, which could be one reason after the second stop and all subsequent stops, we sat down on a curb the second we got out of the car and waited until it was time to go without getting up to see the ruins or sites...

0 comments, questions, critiques...: