Pages

Malaysia

Totally expensive and not asian at all. That's right. There are no Chinese people in Malaysia. I don't know how it happened, I mean they have that "sia" thing going with the end of their name. Was that just me? Was I the only one who though Malaysia would be like, well, Asia? With Asian people, and Chinese (or other asian languages) everywhere, scooters hogging the roads and four story buildings the only sight for miles. Malaysia was another India. It was weird. But we did go to a Snake Temple and see the Petronas Towers.

These are pictures from the Batu Caves. It's pretty awesome. It is in the mountains near KL (Kuala Lumpur). A massive statue of a Hindu goddess stands at the front. Can you see me at the bottom of the picture? And then there are 272 steps to get into the caves. That's me after nearly fainting upon arrival.



This is one of the evil monkeys we met on our trip up the stairs. I tried to take a movie close up of the monkeys, and it turned into a movie of one of them trying to eat me! Luckily a nice man saved me and Kari and told us to video them from afar.

This is the most degrading picture I could find of the wanna-be backpackers with wheelies. Look at us, such posers. The second picture is our garb at the Mosque we visited. It was quite hot out and yet, we had to dress for Winter.



Ah, the Petronas Towers. The are the second tallest buildings in the world (second only to Taipei 101). I got to go up to the skybridge and look out across KL. The second picture is of the funny looking contraption I had to rig up in order to use the outlets. First I need a wall socket adapter that looks like a face, then a voltage converter, then my recharger for my camera or iPod.


2 comments, questions, critiques...:

Something McSomethingkins said...

So what kind of people were there?


Kritter Face said...

Well, we thought the people would look like the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, white skin, dark hair, etc. But they were mostly peoples from India and the middle east. We weren't expecting that.