Pages

Stonehenge

Yes, I saw Stonehenge! It is absolutely amazing! What they don't tell you in school is one third of the rocks are in the ground! So actually the stones are even bigger than they look! I couldn't believe what an absolutely gorgeous day it was. We had just come off of Bank Holiday weekend, which means rainy days, so we were scared. However, the sky was blue and as the day went on all the clouds in the sky left. I got some great pictures!

Stonehenge: with and without me.

After our walk in the past, we went to Longleat an estate near Stonehenge. It's a cool safari/attraction park. There are animals at every turn. They have a butterfly garden, a boat ride to see hippos and sea lions and a safari park with lions, tigers and... buffalo. It's a beautiful estate and the animals give it an extra something.

This is a picture at the bat mines. It was so cool having the bats soar around you in the dark! I took a ton of pictures, but it was too dark to see the bats in the actual picture. (Photography with flash is prohibited.) Sadness.

Friendly? An interesting choice of adjectives... Haha!

2 comments, questions, critiques...:

frogkisser said...

England sound like lots of fun. I am jealous:(


Kritter Face said...

It was fun! It was so rich with historical places to go, I missed a ton. But it was so great.