Pages

The End of a Season

The season is ending. The restaurants and hotels are closing and so is mine. The town has completely died. Where once there used to be bright and cheery hotels and restaurants are now only dark and empty shells of buildings. It's kind of creepy. And yet... I like to walk around at night because it's so peaceful. There is no one around. There are probably only 30 tourists in the entire town meaning, the beach is perfectly quite and empty. It's just me and the moon. And the moon is quite bright. I enjoy my late night walks.


Remember the colorful umbrellas and lounge chairs? Well they no longer line the beach. Now it looks like a regular beach, but I'm so used to it being covered with chairs and umbrellas that now it looks naked.


I was overlooking the beach taking the above picture, when I realized I was Queen of the Island. So I took a pic. Guess where the camera was.


And here is where all of the beach stuff went. Just piled up next to the side of the hotel next to us. It's odd and sad, but colorful!

2 comments, questions, critiques...:

Something McSomethingkins said...

That is a pretty freakin' sweet picture of you:)


Kritter Face said...

Heehee, you like that? I looked down and was like, hey, that's cool.